EMA™ CMDB Assessment Service
Enterprise Management Associates’ CMDB Assessment Service leverages our unique combination of industry knowledge, product knowledge, and proven consulting methodology to offer a practical approach to planning and implementing a CMDB project. During this 8-week engagement, our seasoned CMDB professionals work with your team to assess your readiness to tackle a CMDB, develop architecture recommendations, and create an implementation roadmap that will put you on the road to CMDB success.
An 8-Step Methodology for Success
Our CMDB Assessment Service leverages a patent-pending 8-step consulting methodology that has been proven successful at a variety of large companies with diverse and challenging IT infrastructures. The focus of the methodology is three-fold – tools, processes, and people are all critical to success. Each step builds on the efforts of previous steps, and the outcome of the assessment is an implementation roadmap that lays out short-term wins in the context of a long-term vision.
The EMA 8-Step Consulting Methodology for Assessment Services
Key CMDB Assessment Service Tasks
Key project tasks during a CMDB Assessment Service engagement include:
- Interviewing executives and senior IT leaders to understand strategic issues such as key stakeholders, available resources, and expected value
- Interviewing IT managers and staff to get a handle on technology, process, and organizational issues such as the effectiveness of existing IT processes and the interaction between technology silos
- Comparing your organization’s IT management maturity to that of other companies, identifying gaps in your current environment, and setting realistic project expectations and timelines
- Defining detailed CMDB project requirements, setting feature-set priorities, and creating an overall architecture
- Delivering a short-list with side-by-side comparisons of CMDB solutions that best meet your needs for scalability, cost, standards-compliance, integration, etc.
- Providing a neutral third-party assessment of critical issues and gating factors that may cause your CMDB implementation to fail
- Developing six-month, one-year, and three-year project roadmaps to guide you on the road to CMDB success
The CMDB Assessment Report
The final deliverable from this engagement is the EMA CMDB Assessment Report. This document details:
- Requirements gathered from across the organization
- Real-world CMDB architecture
- Vendor-independent tool selection
- Critical issues identified before work begins
- Roadmaps for short-term deliverables and long-term goals
Contact us to request a sample CMDB Assessment Report or to learn more about how we can help your organization succeed with your CMDB initiative.